Wednesday 2 March 2011

Mixed Emotions....

So before I start, I have been approached by a lot of people saying they are reading this blog and really enjoying it, so if you are I ask you please to become a "follower", I guess so I really know that people are listening and so that you may leave me comments, I would love some feedback and Im sure at times I may need some words of motivation from you! Oh and then you can ask me for any recipes you want to see! All that it asks is for your email address and it will alert you when I post a new blog post.... no spam or anything!

Anyways onto this post.... Mixed Emotions...
So as you know I have been lucky enough to be fit in to the verrry busy schedule of my brother Dion to become one of his clients..... not sure if that was a smart move as a lot of you know when it comes to training he is a sadistic bastard.....
Well maybe Im only saying this now as it is Thursday and I still cant walk properly after a group torture session, oops I mean training session, on Tuesday night.
But all that aside he is a fantastic trainer as all the Push_ Trainers are and when we train I am no longer his sister but another woman trying to be the best I can be. So I feel very lucky to be fit into his schedule, so just another person I dont want to let down.

This week started with the Body Attack class as you all saw on Monday and then my usual walk with the Yummy Mummys on Tuesday morning followed by my first session in Dions Tuesday night kickboxing class although we didnt box this week we did a "testing" session including a run and then various horrible strength/power exercises non stop as fast as we can then in 6 weeks time we will do it all again to see our improvement!
So I was booked in for some one on one kickboxing wednesday morning- I think I knew this was a bad idea when Taya woke at 3am for a feed and I sat for 5 mins hoping she would just get up, jump out of her bassinette and into bed with me to feed as I physically couldnt move my legs without wanting to cry...needless to say she didnt move so we cried together until I peeled myself out of bed to feed her.

After psyching myself up all morning at home I ventured to the gym for our session but more importantly it was weigh in day!! Now last week I lost 1.5kg so was expecting around the same especially as my eating had been close to perfect bar that on icecream, that delicious creamy delightful icecream.... sorry got a little sidetracked, so yes I was expecting a good number....
The whole drive there I was saying in my head, "98..98..98"  just hoping it would be 98kg.... but unfortunately I only lost 800g so was quite disappointed for a moment then a lightbulb went off.... 800g is nearly a kilo and I have lost nearly 2 and a half kilos in 2 weeks thats not bad at all and Im now under 3 digits (thank bloody god for that!!)
So went into my training session with mixed feelings of looking at the positives and still mildly disappointed.
We started our session with our usual corrective exercises for my weak glute medius...yes just because I have a big butt doesnt mean its strong (but it will be ;)] Then we started with a skipping round. 3 mins of continous skipping consisting of 20 secs fast as you can with knees up, then 10 secs easy skipping then a break and repeat the 3 min round 2 times. Now in case you didnt realise, skipping is a lot harder when you're used to skipping when you're 13kg lighter!! That along with the fact my legs felt like i was wearing cement shoes meant this exercise was extremely hard so as i stared at the wall trying my hardest, I tried to motivate myself by picturing myself when I reach my goal but that didnt work for me, then all I could think was "25..25..25" my goal 25kg...eyes on the prize.... and I felt a fire, a drive, a challenge and it worked.
Then onto the kickboxing and I kept that thought in my mind.... I think Ive found my motivation!
Felt fantastic after my session .... that was until I got home and collapsed in a heap, I cant believe I used to miss training like this!
Then onto today and just when I thought it couldnt get any worse it even hurts to sit now, as when I sit especially on a hard surface I can feel my bones digging into my muscles... like knives..... oh the joys.

I finally made it to Rena's group training class this morning  after Taya was a little gremlin and kept me up pretty much from 3:30am until my alarm went off, I felt like a zombie but I knew id feel better in the end and within minutes I had forgotten I was sleep deprived and on with the workout I went and as always it was a good one!

So what did I learn....
- Find a motivation technique that works for you
- When you are tired and dont want to train, you always feel better after a good hard workout
- and skipping with cement shoes is FRIGGEN hard!!

Whats on the agenda tomorrow... Body Attack thats what! Whos game enough to do it with me??

2 comments:

  1. I certainly hear you this week!! I was dying this morning but can actually sit down tonight for the first time since Monday. I'm not looking forward to my first Jump Start with Jamie tomorrow morning. Well, I kind of am. But I'm sh!t scared at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will make sure I cheer you on when Im on my way up to attack :)

    ReplyDelete